Sunday, June 15, 2008

Motherhood cont.

Tonight, I completely lost my temper when Mia rudely interrupted me non-stop while I was reading her a passage from the Bible. It is not that Mia does not like this time, because she makes it clear that she does like it anytime I forget to read it to her. It is simply that she wants me to listen to her right at the moment the sounds begin to leave her mouth. Sometimes those sounds seem to not stop for hours at a time. I can only take so much rudeness in one day.

After I left the room and she cried out to me, " I will respect you next time" with a sad, almost desperate, little voice, I felt like the worst mother in the universe. Damn, this job is hard. One minute you are reading a story being a good mom, the next you are screaming and being a beastly mom. I feel like I have multiple personalities sometimes.

2 comments:

~Kasey~ said...

I know this an old post, but I thought it was a good place to tell you how awesome you are - from your fellow Sybil.

Karen said...

I was reading some of your posts and this one caught my eye.You know you're doing right when you lose sleep and think the worst parent award is yours. Never stop wondering if you are doing the right thing. When I have had those moments God has always sent confirmation. I pray that God will continue to flood your life with people who can support and love you unconditionally.